Developer & Fixer final treatment filter
The Enviro-filter is designed to help your processor effluent meet and exceed environmental discharge standards. After silver recovery and recycling procedures, the Enviro-filter acts as an effective final three-step treatment, accumulating metals and chemicals from spent fixer, developer and wash water.
- • Enables you to meet environmental regulations and standards
- • A unique, non-clogging discharge fitting eliminates blocking that is common to other systems
- • Only one hose leads to drain, making a homogenous solution easily accessible for testing purposes
- • Expanded chemical treatment decreases BOD5 and COD
- • Active media reduces organic compounds
- • Easy to install and use. It’s screw off inspection cap makes for easy maintenance
- • Easy and convenient sampling of effluent
- • Available in standard and low level
- • Small footprint: 11” x 11”. 28 cm x 28 cm
By using the Enviro-filter, all of your processor effluent is neutralised to acceptable pH levels. Its three step process cleans more efficiently than other one step bucket systems.
Neutralisation and precipitation
Developer, fixer and wash water enter the Enviro-filter and flow into separate customised compartments, where natural precipitation of metals and chemicals occur.
Filtration through an active ingredient
The Enviro-filter captures organic compounds as they are filtered through an active ingredient.
The co-mingling process prepares your drain effluent for homogenous discharge. For best results, the Metafix 1000 series closed loop silver recovery system is always recommended as a primary de-silvering method, followed by the use of the MiX (Metal Ion eXchanger) columns before any treatment by the Enviro-filter.